We are now beginning to take students for the Winter cohort, which will begin in February
Set up a call with us
to see if this course is right for you!
The Own Your Greatness Course: Feel Empowered In Your Life And Career
Imposter syndrome (or imposter complex) is a phenomenon that many people struggle with on a daily basis. Unfortunately, imposter syndrome leaves many people feeling trapped in place and unsure where to turn for practical, hands-on advice.
As psychologists and executive coaches in New York City, we have spent the last 15 years helping highly successful and accomplished people own their greatness and defeat imposter syndrome. We’ve supported our clients as they learn to recognize and address their fears, overcome personal and professional challenges, and do all the work they need to thrive.
We developed a method, which we wrote about in the Own Your Greatness: Overcome Impostor Syndrome, Beat Self-Doubt and Succeed in Life workbook, which is based on research, our own professional experience, and the techniques that have been successful with clients in our practice.
Our Own Your Greatness Course takes you through our proven 3 Cs 'Strategy to overcome imposter syndrome, broken down into 9 action steps you can take to actively process and address the issues that are standing in the way of your success.
We’ll help you CLARIFY the central reasons why imposter syndrome develops so you can examine those things more critically. You won’t just learn about common causes, either. Through our interactive approach, you’ll learn to evaluate your imposter origin story, recognize triggers and trap doors, and change your narrative to support your ongoing success & well-being.
Owning your success and accomplishments starts when you CHOOSE to speak your truth. We’ll help you identify automatic negative thoughts (ANTs) that increase your feelings of fraudulence so you can proactively deal with them instead of running yourself to the ground trying to cover them up. You will learn how to prioritize self-care, in order to create a compassionate, supportive routine that helps you value and care for yourself.
To CREATE change, you must take an assertive role in your self-growth. We’ll help you form a real, holistic picture of all the different factors that are holding you back and what you can do to tackle them. It’s not just about discussing the change you want to see, but learning how to execute that change in a way that works for you. That includes developing concrete skills and tools so you can experiment with new roles, build your dream team of support, and find the conditions for optimal performance.
The Skills You Learn Here Will Help You Gain the Awareness, Insights, and Tools You Need to Feel Empowered In Your Life and Career
This course helps you develop community around the Own Your Greatness book and your journey of self-growth. If you have questions about a topic or are struggling to move through an exercise, it gives you the ability to make the book come alive and get the resources you need when you need them.
Here's what you'll get:
- ✓ 14 Weekly Hour-Long Live Group Video Calls – ask questions and receive support from group members and Drs. Lisa and Richard Orbé-Austin (worth $1400)
- ✓ 12 Video Modules – that support and provide additional resources for the Own Your Greatness process with supplemental worksheets, videos, tips and tools (worth $3000)
- ✓ Private Slack Group to be able to reach out to us or your group members during the course of the week
- ✓ Small Groups – space is limited, and all participants are pre-screened to ensure this is the right approach for them and all group members get the best possible support and community
These services in our NYC practice would cost you at least $4400...
Additionally, you will gain access to:
- ✓ Accountability Partners – someone who knows how imposter syndrome works and has been there themselves so you can get advice that is actually helpful (instead of reinforcing self-doubt or unhealthy patterns)
- ✓ A Proven Approach to Get Your Life & Career On Track – including hands-on support, videos, and practical exercises you can do on your own or with the support of the course community
- ✓ Activities to Process and Catalogue Each Lesson You Learn
- ✓ Additional Resources – journal prompts, calendars, and a variety of exercises to enhance your experience that are not included in the Own Your Greatness workbook
Who Can Benefit From This Course?
If self-help books, family support, and other approaches haven’t helped—or if you just aren’t sure where to get started or how to stay committed—you aren’t alone!
Imposter syndrome hits people who are successful, whether you’ve graduated from college and received a top offer but are now struggling in the work world, or you’re the head of a division or a senior executive and still struggling to define yourself or work in a way that drives your advancement.
Many people are excited to start a new workbook or program, but the concepts aren’t always clear or actionable. And if you don’t get what you want out of these attempts, it’s natural to question whether they can really work for you. This is especially true if you are struggling to implement changes on your own.
- People who work well in group settings (our small group size ensures you get additional support without losing the one-on-one attention you need)
- People who have tried self-help books before and like an action-oriented, proactive approach that gives you clear steps and accountability so you can move through the program and start seeing results quickly)
- People who benefit from a clear plan, structure, and schedule
- People who want to see results fast (this time-limited course is designed to move you through the program efficiently so you can move forward in your life)
So who can benefit from our Own Your Greatness Course?:
- Build a close community of professionals who understand where you are coming from and what it is you need to defeat imposter syndrome
- Attend weekly small-group webinar calls with Drs. Lisa and Richard Orbé-Austin
- Get a greater sense of the origin of your imposter syndrome
- Understand your common ANTs that reinforce feelings of fraud that aren’t productive and learn how to internalize your strengths and accomplishments
- Restructure your narrative and how you talk about yourself (to yourself and others)
- Find ways to remediate triggers and trap doors when you talk about imposter syndrome
- Identify productive ways to deal with lapse/relapse on your defeating imposter syndrome journey
- Learn foundational skills for self-care
- Build a team around you that knows how to support you as you recover from imposter syndrome
- Learn how to experiment with new roles and try on new ways of being in the world that won’t reinforce imposter syndrome
Throughout this 14-week action-oriented, skills-based online coaching program, you can:
You are not alone – We've been there!
Let’s consider two people in similar jobs at similar companies. Both are hard-working. Both are successful. Both earn a healthy income.
Yet, only one of these professionals is thriving and happy. The other is always exhausted and too busy to focus on her personal and professional needs. She feels like she doesn’t have a choice about the direction of her career.
The truth is that having a “successful” career isn’t the same as having a satisfying one.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t have both. It all comes down to how you define success and what you need to feel happy.
Defining your own success isn’t always easy, though, especially when people dismiss the concerns you have about your current position. You’ve probably heard them say things like, “No one likes working, you have an amazing position and you should just be happy” as though that’s supposed to make you feel better!
You’re not alone—we’ve been there. Despite master’s degrees and doctorates, we felt like we had no options. We didn’t know what we wanted for ourselves, let alone how to achieve it. And our jobs didn’t leave much time or energy to figure it out.
That’s why it’s so valuable to have the right support: a mentor or coach who understands what you’re going through and can help you find the best path for you and your unique skills, goals, and needs.
We’ve worked through imposter syndrome in our own lives, and we’ve helped hundreds of clients address their fears and do all the work they need to thrive.
As psychologists and executive coaches in New York City, we’ve been working with highly successful and accomplished individuals for over 15 years.
Is the Own Your Greatness Course Right for You?
Can’t I read imposter syndrome books on my own?
I don’t have time for an additional obligation.
Can I take the course without the book?
Are there other ways to work with you?
You don’t need to keep feeling stuck. With expert guidance, effective tools and a supportive community, you can find the fulfillment you've been searching for.
If you’re ready to OWN YOUR GREATNESS and achieve the dreams you’ve been longing for, set up a call with me to learn more!
You can feel Fulfilled
If you’re interested in registering for the Own Your Greatness Course, you can schedule a consultation call below. In just 15 minutes, we can get a feel for where you’re at, what your process has been so far, and determine if the course would be beneficial for you.
In addition to working with us in person, you can order our workbook or sign up for our newsletter and receive tips and tricks to your inbox regularly.
Lisa Orbé-Austin, PhD
Dynamic Transitions Psychological Consulting, LLP
Dr. Lisa Orbé-Austin is a licensed psychologist and executive coach, with a focus on career advancement, leadership development and job transitions. She is a co-founder and partner of Dynamic Transitions Psychological Consulting, a career and executive coaching consultancy, where she works mostly with high potential managers and executives. She earned her doctorate in Counseling Psychology from Columbia University. Her views about career advancement, job transitions, leadership, and diversity & inclusion are regularly sought by the media and she has appeared in outlets such as The New York Times, NBC News, Forbes, The Huffington Post, Refinery29, Business Insider, and Insight Into Diversity. She has also been honored as a Top Voice on Linked in Job Search and Careers. Dr. Orbé-Austin has been an invited speaker at various national conferences. She recently gave a TEDx talk entitled "The Impostor Syndrome Paradox."
She regularly consults to organizations in the private sector, non-profits and educational institutions in supporting their employees and senior leadership teams to address gender bias, diversity, equity, & inclusion concerns, leadership development, effective communication, team cohesion and managing conflict management. Her practice also consults to universities on the reorganization & evaluation of their career centers to enhance their efficacy and metrics, in order to improve service delivery, data analysis, and student career outcomes.
Her book, Own Your Greatness: Overcome Impostor Syndrome, Beat Self-Doubt, and Succeed in Life (Ulysses Press, 2020) coauthored with her partner, Dr. Richard Orbé-Austin, will be released in April 2020.
Richard Orbé-Austin, PhD
Dynamic Transitions Psychological Consulting, LLP
Dr. Richard Orbé-Austin is an executive coach and a licensed psychologist, with a focus on leadership development, career advancement, and diversity, equity, & inclusion issues. He is a co-founder and partner of Dynamic Transitions Psychological Consulting, a career and executive coaching consultancy, which is located in NYC.
Dr. Orbé-Austin has been a keynote speaker and an invited presenter at various conferences & meetings, and consults to academic institutions, corporations, and nonprofit organizations on issues related to leadership, career development & transitions, and diversity, equity & inclusion. Dr. Orbé-Austin’s opinions and writings have appeared in a variety of publications and academic journals including Forbes, Fast Company, Diversity Executive, ThriveGlobal, the Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development, and the Handbook of Racial-Cultural Counseling and Psychology.
Dr. Orbé-Austin earned his MSEd and his PhD in Counseling Psychology from Fordham University’s Graduate School of Education and his BA in Psychology from NYU. He is the author of the upcoming book Own Your Greatness: Overcome Impostor Syndrome, Beat Self-Doubt, and Succeed in Life (Ulysses Press, 2020), co-authored with his partner, Dr. Lisa Orbé-Austin, which will be released in April 2020. The goal of the book is to provide a systematic formula to eliminate impostor syndrome and to assist readers to own their talents and power, in order to fully realize their goals, & to lead a more balanced life.